Wednesday, September 9, 2009

COOKING DAY, PART 2: Yellow Tomato Salad with Roasted Red Pepper, Feta, and Mint

Ladies and gentlemen, our first dish of the day is a success. I just ate Yellow Tomato Salad with Roasted Red Pepper, Feta and Mint from Kalyn's Kitchen for lunch, and am way impressed. It came together in less than ten minutes, used stuff I had on hand, was a neat twist on Caprese Salad, and never got boring, even though it was essentially a big ol' bowl of tomatoes. Here's a picture:


Unh. Yeah. Unh.

I only made two slight changes, which were subbing in jarred red peppers for newly-roasted ones, and reducing the olive oil by a teaspoon.

(Full recipes and breakdowns coming Friday and Monday, both on CHG and Serious Eats.)

(Hopefully.)

Anyway, keep those suggestions coming! Based on your ideas, I definitely have to roast some tomatoes. DEO, I'm gonna stuff a few for dinner, and Mike, I think I'm going for the soup.

Okay. 2 down, 37 yellow tomatoes to go. Time to hit the supermarket.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post