Thursday, April 2, 2009

CHG Favorites of the Week

Food Blog of the Week
Poor Girl Gourmet
Ooo. I only discovered this today, but am already digging it muchly. Think Orangette with a lower budget. Good stuff. (Thanks to Eat Me Daily for the link.)

Food Comedy of the Week
“Asian Chicken Salad” by Margaret Cho
This is an older bit, and startlingly clean for Cho, but pretty dang hilarious nonetheless. When girl's on, she's on.



Food Quote of the Week
“I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder – ‘Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?’ I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing ‘I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener.’” – Edgar Friendly (Denis Leary), Demolition Man

Food Movie Clip of the Week
The dinner scene from Beetlejuice
Fun fact: Catherine O’Hara was Gilda Radner’s understudy at Second City before Gilda left to do SNL. She plays the mom in this clip.



Totally Unrelated Extra Special Bonus of the Week
"Having a Sister Makes You Happier and More Well-Adjusted" at Jezebel
Sisters: doing it for each other. (Awwww.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post