Monday, July 20, 2009

Seriously, Eating: 40 Recipes From the Other Website I Write For

Today, I had every intention of posting on David Lebovitz’s Cherry Jam recipe. Unfortunately, I think I overcooked it a bit, so it came out more like Cherry Swedish Fish. Between that and a busy work week, I ain’t got nothin’.

So, instead, here are 40 other recipes I’ve been working on.

I’m only half kidding about that, too. See, for the last 11 months, I’ve been writing the Monday morning Healthy and Delicious recipe column for Serious Eats. (I never cross-post, because that would be weird.) The food follows the CHG mantra (meaning it’s all cheap, healthy, and good), and the pictures are even marginally acceptable by modern photographic standards, meaning Ansel Adams wouldn’t make me his apprentice, but he wouldn’t hack me to death with a chainsaw, either.

Today’s SE recipe is Cherry Lemonade, and you can find that over here. (It’s not included in this master list.) In the meantime, here are the 40 others I mentioned. I starred my ten absolute favorites, and need to tell you: make that Chicken Avocado Salad RIGHT NOW. It haunts my dreams.

BREAKFAST

Cardamom and Dried Cherry Scones

Cheddar Chipotle Scones

Lighter Home Fries


SOUPS, STEWS, STOCKS, & CHILIS

Curried Cauliflower Soup with Honey

Pasta e Ceci

**Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

**Tomato Soup with Roasted Garlic and Herbs

**White Chicken Chili


SIDES

Black-Eyed Pea “Caviar”

Classic Baked Acorn Squash

Couscous with Chickpeas and Edamame

Fresh Corn Salad

**Golden-Crusted Brussels Sprouts

Irio

Lemon Basil Pasta Salad

Quinoa and Grilled Zucchini

Red Cabbage with Apples and Honey

Southern-Style Black-Eyed Peas with Bacon

Thyme-Roasted Sweet Potatoes


ENTREES (Vegetarian)

Barley Risotto

**Black Bean and Tomato Quinoa

Eggplant in Spicy Tomato Sauce

Eggplant with Miso Sauce

Grilled Zucchini with Quinoa Stuffing

**Pumpkin Orzo with Sage

**Spaghetti Squash with Ricotta, Sage, and Pine Nuts

Sweet and Spicy Tofu


ENTREES (Carnivore)

*****Avocado Chicken Salad

Baked Apples with Barley-Sausage Pilaf

Baked Rotelle Puttanesca (has anchovies)

Basil Chicken Pasta

Chicken Paprikash

Curried Pork with Apples

**Marcella Hazan’s Lemon Roasted Chicken with Carrots and Potatoes

Squid in Red Wine Sauce


DESSERTS & SNACKS

Blueberry Salsa

**Pumpkin Muffins with Pecan Streusel Topping

Quick and Easy Apple Tart

Raspberry-Filled Cinnamon Muffins

Sugar-Roasted Plums with Balsamic and Rosemary Syrup

Also, if you guys get the chance, check out Blake Royer and Nick Kindelsperger's Dinner Tonight series. The posts are daily, the food is very good (I've tried a bunch of recipes), and nothing is phenomenally complicated. Three thumbs up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post